Prof. James E. Grunig
Professor Emeritus of Public Relations, University of Maryland
He is the author and coauthor of six books on public relations and has published 242 articles, books, chapters, papers, and reports. In addition to that Grunig was the director of the 15-year research project on “Excellence in Public Relations and Communication Management” and has won seven major awards in public relations:
- The Arthur W. Page Society Distinguished Service Award;
- The Pathfinder Award for excellence in public relations research of the Institute for Public Relations Research and Education;
- The Outstanding Educator Award of the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA);
- The Jackson and Wagner Award for behavioral science research of the PRSA Foundation;
- The Alexander Hamilton Medal for Lifetime Contributions to Professional Public Relations of the Institute for Public Relations;
- The Lloyd Dennis Award for Distinguished Leadership in Public Affairs and the Dr. Hamid Notghi Prize for Career Achievement in Public Relations from the Kargozar Public Relations Institute, Tehran, Iran.
He also won the most prestigious lifetime award of the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC), the Paul J. Deutschmann Award for Excellence in Research. Furthermore James E. Grunig has been awarded honorary doctorates by the Universidad San Martin de Porres in Peru, the University of Bucharest in Romania, and Istanbul University in Turkey.